Continuing Education Courses on LEEDuser
LEEDuser premium members can earn continuing education units (CEUs) as part of your premium membership! (See membership options.)
LEEDuser (via our parent BuildingGreen, Inc.) is a USGBC Education Partner, and our CEUs are approved for the LEED Credential Maintenance Program (CMP), which covers the LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) and LEED Green Associate credentials offered by the Green Building Certification Inc. (GBCIThe Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) manages Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building certification and professional accreditation processes. It was established in 2008 with support from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).).
Our courses routinely offer credit for American Institute of Architects (AIA) members as well, and sometimes other accreditations.
Best of all, CEUs offered on LEEDuser are automatically reported to GBCI and AIA. That means that when you successfully complete a CEU quiz, we will report your hours for you, with no further action on your part. There is just one thing you need to do to enable automated reporting—update your LEEDuser profile with your GBCI number, email address, and AIA number, if applicable. We cannot automatically report hours without this information.
CEU courses through LEEDuser
- LEED Documentation Tips from LEED Reviewers (0.5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours) – FREE for LEEDuser members
- LEED Energy and EQ Documentation Tips from LEED Reviewers (0.5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours) – FREE for LEEDuser members
- LEED-NC: The Missing Manual (5 AIA LU/HSW, 5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours) - FREE for LEEDuser members
- The Cost of LEED v4 (5 AIA LU/HSW, 5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours) – $79.95 for LEEDuser members
- The LEED-EBOM Stress Test (5 AIA LU/HSW, 5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours) – FREE for LEEDuser members
- Building as an Organism: Understanding the Integrative Process Credit in LEED v4 Projects (1 AIA LU/HSW, 1 GBCI LEED-specific CE hour) – FREE for LEEDuser members
A note about LEED-specific hours: according to the Credential Maintenance Program guide, LEED-specific CE hours must relate directly to your specialty. Typically a CE course on LEED-CI that is LEED-specific would related to the LEED ID+C specialty. However, you have flexibility in reporting your LEED-specific hours. If you take a course and feels that it applies to a different specialty than the one that we will report for you, you can self-report the course without the course number as LEED-specific for the other specialty.
LEEDuser premium members get these benefits:
- CEUs preapproved by GBCI and AIA
- All CEUs are automatically reported
- Most of our CEUs are be LEED-specific—essential to maintaining your LEED credential
- Minimal extra costs for LEEDuser members.
- Get started by updating your profile, and then choosing from the courses above!
Questions? Comments? Let us know below.